The Rapid City Chamber Workforce Development Scholarship
The Scholarship will be awarded to Rapid City area residents who are pursuing further education to advance their business skills in order to successfully participate in the business sector of Rapid City. Scholarships will be paid directly to the educational institution indicated in the application.
- Applicants must be a resident of the Rapid City area and either:
- a graduating senior in a Rapid City high school pursuing further education in Rapid City in Fall 2019;
- or has lived in the Rapid City area for the past twelve months and will be enrolled as a student in a Rapid City area post-secondary educational institution.
- Applicant must plan to attend an accredited, post-secondary educational institution located in Rapid City, such as–but not limited to–the following schools: Black Hills Beauty College, Black Hills State University (classes being offered at Rapid City locations), Headlines Academy, National American University, Rapid City Extension Campus of Oglala Lakota College, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology, University Center-Rapid City, West River Extensions of South Dakota State University-Rapid City, University of South Dakota-Rapid City, and Western Dakota Tech.
- Applicant must demonstrate a desire to pursue further education that will advance their skills in order to successfully participate in the business sector of Rapid City
- Applicants must submit an official completed and signed scholarship application no later than March 29, 2019. A completed application includes the following:
- One letter of personal recommendation.
- A summary of community, church, extra-curricular activities during the past four years.
- A summary of work and/or volunteer experience over the past four years.
- A written essay of no more than 500 words describing your education plans and career goals. The essay should address how you plan to contribute to Rapid City’s economy and business community in the future.
- A copy of the applicant’s high school or college transcript.