Community Service Center
The Community Service Center Trust Fund (CSCTF) Grant is to support organizations that serve and benefit individuals and families with low incomes within the local area of Rapid City.[
• Applicants must be an IRS 501(c)3 public charity, school, government entity or religious organization in good standing with the IRS
• Requested support must be for organizations or activities that take place in the local area of Rapid City
What Types of Projects Are NOT Funded?
Grants will not be awarded to support religious activity, political activity, fundraisers or benefits, debt retirement, or organizations working to primarily influence legislation. Supported activities may NOT discriminate against any individual or group based on race, gender, gender expression, age, disability, religion, ethnic or national origin, or otherwise legally protected groups. BHACF will not serve as an applicant for sponsored programs. Funding for multi-year projects or support will not be considered.
Grant Review Criteria
In reviewing applications, CSCTF will consider the following criteria:
• The organization or project must respond to a clear and compelling community need in the Rapid City area with a well-developed program or project that responds to that need
• The organization must demonstrate that they have the operational capacity, the staff and the leadership to carry out the efforts proposed
• The organization must be serving low income individuals and families, particularly Native American Indian groups
• This grant is available 2 separate times a year:
• Summer process will open on April 1 and close on June 1
• Winter process will open on September 28 and close on November 27
• All applications and required materials are due by the deadline
• Requests for funding must be $1,000 or less