The Mission of Rapid City 100 is to create a community of givers who believe in supporting the nonprofit organizations that focus on the wellbeing of members of our community.
The Vision of Rapid City 100 is to provide support to nonprofit organizations that offer lasting and sustainable impact for our community.
Applicants must be an IRS 501(c)3 public charity, school, government entity or religious organization. Requested support must be for organizations or activities that take place in Rapid City.
What Types of Projects Are Funded?
RC100 will consider a wide variety of proposals. You can request support for ongoing or new programs/projects. Requests can support projects, programs, capacity building, and operational expenses. Please do not submit any request of support for capital campaigns.
What Types of Projects Are NOT Funded?
- Grants will NOT be awarded to support religious activity, political activity, fundraisers or benefits, debt retirement, or organizations working to primarily influence legislation.
- Supported organizations and activities may NOT discriminate against any individual or group based on race, gender, gender expression, age, disability, religion, ethnic or national origin, or otherwise legally protected groups.
- Funding for multi-year projects or support will not be considered.
- Grant funds cannot be used for reimbursement of any expenses incurred prior to the grant notification date.
- Please do not submit any requests of support for capital campaigns, they will not be considered.
Grant Review Criteria
In reviewing applications, the RC100 Grants Committee will consider the following criteria:
- Does the organization and its related efforts improve the quality of life and meet identified needs in Rapid City?
- Does the organization maximize community resources through cooperation, collaboration and shared learning?
- The maximum allowable grant designated within this opportunity is $5,000.
- RC100 will not accept solicited requests for additional support beyond the 1-year grant period.
- RC100 appreciates receiving recognition for support for your organization's initiative in any media reports or new articles. Your publicity can go a long way toward attracting new donors so that we can fund even more great community projects.
Grantmaking Process and Timeline
All applications will be reviewed by the RC100 Grants Committee. Notice of grant decisions will be communicated to all applicants within a reasonable amount of time after the RC100 Grants Committee have made their decisions. Those organizations chosen to receive a grant will be asked to sign a grant agreement within a week of being notified of their grant award and will be responsible for providing a final report at the completion of the grant related work or within 30 days following the completion of the grant year.
If you have questions regarding the application process, please email Carrie Robley at email@example.com or call 718-0112.